High Carb Diet Plan and Foods That Build Muscle
Stacking up on carbs is a well-known strategy for building muscle. Carbs provide your body with energy during workouts so that you can make the most of your time at the gym and build muscle fast.
However, if you do not do it right, you will end up putting on the pounds instead of gaining muscle mass. The key to a high carb diet is knowing how much and when to consume carbs in order to optimize their muscle building capabilities.
You also need to know what kinds of foods to include in your high carb diet. After all, not all carbs are equal.
When you are focused on improving your fitness and want to build muscle mass, you will need to consume a diet of high quality carbs.
The following foods will help you make the most out of your high carb diet when you are looking to build muscle:
- Whole meal bread – Eating whole meal bread will help stabilize your sugar levels, which is important to avoid storing fat in your body. Two slices of toast and a sandwich using these types of bread will help turn the energy you are gaining through carbs into muscle.
- All-bran – Consuming all-bran is a great way to get some dietary fiber into your body. This is important because it aids in the digestion process in your body and digestion is a vital part of helping your body build muscle.
- Banana – Eating bananas will help increase your endurance at the gym. For an instant boost of energy, eating a banana will help you up the intensity of your workout. As everyone knows, the key to building muscle is an intense workout.
- Sweet potatoes – Nothing defeats your efforts at building muscle like getting sick. Eating sweet potatoes will help your body beat sickness by keeping it full of immune-boosting beta-carotene which sweet potatoes are rich in. Therefore, you will help ward off sickness and stay on track with your muscle building goals by eating these helpful carbs regularly.
- Quinoa – Quinoa is a whole grain that is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps relax the blood vessels and keeps your blood pressure low. When you are eating lots of protein rich meats alongside a high carb diet, you’re going to want to keep your blood pressure down. With quinoa, you can boost your carb intake while lowering your risk of high blood pressure.
These are just a few ideas to help you stay on track with your fitness and muscle building goals.
Getting the right balance of carbs on a high carb diet when you are looking go gain muscle mass is not difficult if you get your carbs in the right places.
Eating lots of whole foods that are rich in carbs is going to provide your body with the most valuable source of energy.
You are best to avoid processed foods that are high in carbs.
While they might be high in carbs, your overall health will decline due to all of the unhealthy ingredients found in highly processed foods.
Therefore, stay focused on eating whole foods and stack up on high quality sources of carbs for the best results when building muscle.